Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

ECHO Global Farm

Many months ago my sister bought my mom and I Groupons to ECHO Global Farm.  They were about to expire so we visited the farm and nursery today.  I hadn't been to the farm in years and it was nice to visit it again.  The very first time I visited was with my church youth group during 30 Hour Famine at least twelve years ago.


From ECHO's website: ECHO's Mission is to equip people with resources and skills to reduce hunger and improve the lives of the poor.

ECHO is very resourceful in their gardening techniques. Here are a few of their great ideas...

Tires:




 Cinder blocks:

 

 Baby pool:



 Gutters and pallets:



 Filing cabinet:




 Keri and Keegan.



 Checking out the lettuce.



















 We loaded up a cart to get our own gardens going. I bought strawberry, blueberry, and lemon balm plants...all things I can grow in containers!



 I'll leave you with some interesting statistics.





















They're a pretty amazing organization. Check it out if you are ever in Southwest Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment