Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

30 by 30: #23 Do a 30 Day "Mile A Day" Challenge

Walking 30 Miles in 30 Days seemed like it was going to be quite a challenge at first. By day 7, I was ill and could hardly function.  I laid in bed miserable with a 102.4* fever.  But the fever broke and I was determined to start again.  So on what should have been day 8, I started over on day 1.  There were days that I barely walked a mile and there were days when I walked 2-3 miles.  There were days when I went alone.  There were days that I had company...thanks, Sam for pushing me to walk longer!  There were days when the last thing I wanted to do was walk, but I did it.  All 30 days straight.  And you know what...I didn't just walk 30 miles, I walked 49.45 miles!  I would have pushed myself for that extra half mile had I realized I was so close to 50 miles!


Mile A Day

I grew to enjoy my daily walks.  I've signed up for a 5k in March.  (It actually was supposed to be today, but was rescheduled.) And I've lost five pounds!  That in itself is motivation enough to keep going and going and going.  Oh yeah, I also gave myself another goal- walk/run 365 miles in 2013. I've walked a total of 57.7 miles so far or 15% of that goal.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME! You're AWESOME! And the picture collage is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete