Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Microwaveable Heaven in a Mug

Yeah, that's what I called it to my sister on the phone tonight!  But really it's a Nutella Mug Cake.  I took this recipe and made it my own. I don't eat eggs or cow's milk*. I also don't have self rising flour and thought it called for way too much oil.

Nutella Mug Cake


 Nutella Mug Cake aka Microwaveable Heaven in a Mug

1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
3 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons flour
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Baking Powder
4 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons soy milk (I used plain)
1 tablespoons vegetable oil

Combine flax seeds and water in a large mug (a soup mug works great), then add remaining ingredients.  Mix well with a fork.  Microwave for 2-3 minutes.  Enjoy!

Nutella Mug Cake.

Seriously, it's that easy!  I topped mine with a scoop of Hazelnut Cappuccino Gelato from Poco Loco.  This is quite a large serving. There's plenty to share or save some for later.  I'm thinking it may be breakfast tomorrow!

*I'm not vegan and this is not a vegan recipe, but it easily could be. Just leave the Nutella out and you'll have a chocolate mug cake.  I don't eat eggs, because I don't like them and I avoid cow's milk, because I'm lactose intolerant.  So, yes, I should be vegan, but I'm not.  I like cheese too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment